Acorn Insurance

Non Standard Home Insurance

Helping customers find quality UK home insurance. Specialist house insurance from Acorn.
Get Online Quote

Home Insurance Quotes

Specialist Non-Standard Home Insurance

Protect your home and your property with our building and contents home insurance.

Acorn Insurance helps UK homeowners and tenants find home insurance. We may also be able to help those who have had a home insurance policy cancelled due to a claim in the past. We offer a wide range of household cover options for all the circumstances detailed below:

  • Homes at Risk of Flood
  • Properties with a History of Subsidence*
  • Unoccupied Properties
  • Probate / Executor of an Estate
  • Renovation (£20,000 contract limit)
  • Personal History and Previous Claims Insurance
  • UK Holiday or Second Home

*Please review the details of what is specifically covered by your policy in the accompanying Insurance Product Information Document.

To get an online quote for home insurance instantly, click “Get a Quote“, OR call our UK-based insurance team now to discuss your needs and help you find a policy that works for you: 01704 33 99 24

What is Included in Your Home Insurance Policy?

Acorn is a non-standard home insurance provider. We aim to provide cover where other providers may not, as well as offering a number of benefits when you insure your home with us.

  • 24/7 Accident and Claims Helpline
  • Fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake and smoke, storm or weight of snow
  • Flood Risk
  • Escape of water or oil of domestic goods
  • Theft, Vandalism and Malicious Acts
  • Riot, civil, commotion, violent disorder, strike or labour disturbance
  • Impact or collision
  • Subsidence, landslip or heave on the land on which the building stands
  • 10% increase in cover for special occasions such as Weddings and Christmas
  • Moving home
  • Freezer damage, value of the loss of food
  • Loss or damage to garden contents
  • Tenants liability and improvements
  • Lock and keys
  • Deeds and documents
  • Legal Liability

*T&Cs apply so please speak to our agents regarding the level of cover you require.

House insurance icon

Optional Extras

  • Protect Your Belongings While Away from HomeIncrease your cover to protect valuable items that you often carry with you or you use away from home. This includes money and credit cards.
  • Protect Your No Claims BonusPay a little extra and protect your no claims bonus. Ask our home cover team now to find out more.

*All of our home insurance policies are subject to terms and conditions so please take the time to read our full terms and conditions before taking out a policy.

Specialist Home Insurance

Our specialist building and contents home insurance will not only cover the structure of your home, but also the fixtures & fittings, along with your possessions.

How to Make a Claim

If you need to make a claim, it is important to inform us immediately. If you leave it too late, you will need to provide additional evidence to support your claim, which may delay the process.

To inform us of a household claim please call: 01732 497 234

To inform us of a Home Emergency claim please call: 0330 331 0748

How to Change My Home Insurance Policy

If you need to make any changes or updates to your homeowners insurance policy, please call our house insurance team: 0330 331 0749. Changes and adjustments may incur an administration fee, so please check the terms of business.

How to Extend My Policy or Increase My Level of Cover

Each policy term is a maximum of 12 months. When your property insurance policy is up for renewal, we will send you a renewal notification. If you would like to discuss the renewal price with us, or you would like to increase your level of cover, please contact our home insurance team.